RONG FU CHAIRProduct categories
Womb Chair and Ottoman
- Category：Lounge chairs
- Tags：double lounge chair, modern chair and ottoman, red living room furniture
- Color: Multi-colors are optional.
- Five star leg: It can be changed to other styles & other material.
- Warranty time: 3 Years. THREE years against manufacturer defect. Offer lifetime consultation on problems occurred
Eero Saarinen designed the groundbreaking Womb Chair at Florence Knoll's request for "a chair that was like a basket full of pillows - something she could really curl up in." The mid-century classic supports countless positions and gives a comforting sense of security—hence the name.
After winning the Museum of Modern Art Organic Design Competition with Charles Eames for their experiments with bent plywood in 1941, Eero Saarinen was eager to continue exploring the possibilities of a chair that achieved comfort through the shape of its shell, not the depth of its cushioning. Initially, he began the investigation with designs for smaller fiberglass task chairs, but changed direction when Florence Knoll approached him and asked, “Why not take the bull by the horns and do the big one first? I want a chair that is like a basket full of pillows…something I can curl up in.” While that’s not exactly where Saarinen ended up, the suggestion inspired one of the most iconic, and comfortable, chairs of the modern furniture movement.
Like many of Saarinen’s furniture designs, the Womb Chair required production techniques and materials still in the infancy of their existence. Saarinen and Florence Knoll found a boat builder in New Jersey who was experimenting with fiberglass and resin to help develop manufacturing methods for the new chair. Florence Knoll: "He was very skeptical. We just begged him. I guess we were so young and so enthusiastic he finally gave in and worked with us. We had lots of problems and failures until they finally got a chair that would work."
Seat shell is foam-covered molded fiberglass
Base is steel rod with polished chrome finish
Model No.: RF-K047
Maybe You would like the below chairs
- How about their quality？
- Their price is competitive？
- How about their service？
- What models meet my market？
- Can they ensure the on-time delivery？
RONG FU CHAIR Focusing on Top grade chairsCustomer satisfaction is what we strive for！
Rong Fu focus on chair design and comfortable 7 years experience in the chair industry
- Factory Direct Sales
- Advanced Machinery and Equipment
- OEM & ODM Available
Rong Fu own factory production and R&D team Ensure good price with good quality
- Specialize in producing your ordered products.
- Delivery on time
- Our production workshop to meet the timely delivery of large orders
Safe and strong package Convenient for shipping
- Quality is priority. We always pay great attention to quality control from the beginning to the end of the production.
- Every product will be fully assembled and carefully tested before packing and shipping.
We are professional for exporting Our Market
- We send the products worldwide, No matter where you are, please contact us
A professional team to provide the best service to you VIP service is our commitment to customers
- Pre-saleLearn about our products, get materials and information
- After-saleInstallation guide and get replace parts
- SupportMake an appointment to visit us, book hotel, invitation letter